Fadest makes good stuff! :)
CSS - Traffic Regulation
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Note: the full game is expected to be release on cartridge for Atari Lynx very soon on https://yastuna-games.com store.
You are an employee of the Congis Space Station Traffic Regulation service, and you must get rid of all those drivers that want only one thing, be in time in one of the infamous bar of Congis Plazza to watch the SuperBowl final.
So you must create superloop transportation to a parking by putting 3 or more identical ships together.
If you know Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon on SNES or Pokemon Puzzle League on N64/... or one of the trillion clones, you know how to play Normal mode.
Your goal is to make lines or columns of 3 or more identicals tiles, by switching with B button adjacent tiles...
Button A speed up game progression.
There are 5 colors/type of tiles in the game, and each time you make a combinaison, a gauge is filled, once full, it triggers a special bonus/malus.
Also, every 100 points, or everytime all gauges have been filled, a special bonus/malus is triggered.
Triggering a bonus/malus means an icon is displayed on the right part of screen, and next time a new line appears, the first bonus/malus is executed.
Here are the bonus malus:
- yellow: 1 full line of tiles will fall from the top of the screen
- blue: the game progression will speed up for a while
- red: a ship will move on the game array and swith tiles under it
- grey: 2 tils will fall from top on screen on a same tile (yes, it is helpful)
- green: every tiles on 1 kind will explode and free the game array
- 100 points : a 2x2 special bloc will fall, if level is under 3, then level up (speed raise)
- every gauge filled : a bar line will fall (obviously, you may not see it in this demo due to point limitation), if level is under 10, then level up (speed raise)
The only way to make a special bloc or a line disappear is to make them fall from 2 space high (in 1 or 2 falls).
Challenge mode is another game mode, where you have a limited time to complete a puzzle. You goal is to remove every ghost tile
There can be variation of gameplay between levels :
- fixed array, or sliding one like in Normal mode
- if there is a bonus/malus, it is fixed and executed at each new line
There will be 100 levels in final version.
Of course, your progression and high scores are saved on EEprom.
Graphics by Templeton, VectorPocket from freepik.com and myself
Music and SFX by miker
Code by myself, with a little help from my friend Zerosquare